Within this page you will have a variety of resources to hand, these are anything from books to websites to products. They will be recommended by myself or things I have used before. Not everything will be something I used daily or even anymore but I have put it in for reference. I believe you should have options and different methods and products work for different people.
Books For Sewing
Books For Patchwork
Books For Dressmaking/ Costume Making
- Metric Pattern Cutting For Women’s Wear- Winifred Aldrich
- Metric Pattern Cutting For Men’s Wear- Winifred Aldrich
- Metric Pattern Cutting For Children’s Wear and Babywear- Winifred Aldrich
- The Cut Of Womens Clothes- Norah Waugh
- The Cut Of Mens Clothes- Norah Waugh
- Corsets And Crinolines- Norah Waugh
Books For General Sewing Projects
- Tilda’s Fairy Tale Wonderland- Tone Finnanger– I have loved making the toy soldiers and ballerina dolls for my niece.
- 50 Fabric Animals- Marie Claire- Search Press– This book has been so useful, I learnt how shapes can create something more 3D and great to use for gift ideas for little people.
- Stitched Safari- Tomomi Maeda– I used this book to create a felt zoo for my niece when she was younger, it is a great way to learn for children, there are plenty to make and plenty of colours to inspire you.
- Tape Measure
- Fabric Scissors
- Small Scissor
- Cutting Mat
- Chalk Pen
- Pack Of Sewing Needles
- Bias Mouse Set
- Pinking Shears